Construction Management Fundamentals
Construction Management Fundamentals consists of a two-day course providing construction professionals with the skills needed to understand and execute the broad array of technical and non-technical activities associated with construction management. Topics explored in this course prepare participants to become industrial leaders in the real estate/construction industry.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- Construction processes including pre-construction, construction, and post-construction activities.
- Estimating and bidding fundamentals
- Construction administration
- Planning and scheduling
- Defining and organizing project scope
- Labor law and relations
- Technology trends
- Professional construction management, responsibilities, and practices
- Systems and processes
- Constraints governing the initiation, direction, engineering, and delivery of major construction projects
What you will gain:
- Working knowledge of managing successful construction projects
- Technical skills in Project Controls: estimating, budgeting and scheduling
- Skills in pre-construction, construction, and post-construction activities
- Practical importance of ethics
Who should attend:
- General contractors
- Real estate developers
- Construction management professionals
- Firms and architectural engineering professionals
- Public officials
Professor Koffman is Director of the Construction Engineering and Management Program at the University of Southern California and Senior Lecturer in Civil and Environmental Engineering. In 2005, he received a distinguished faculty award, a faculty honor for outstanding service. As a licensed Professional Engineer, Professor Koffman performed structural inspections, structural retrofit design, construction estimates, and construction management services. Since 1997, Professor Koffman has served as a member of CMAA’s Board of Directors and CMAA’s Foundation. In 2007, he started working with the International Committee and formed CMAA’s Student Chapter at USC. Professor Koffman has lectured in Korea, China, Turkey, Greece, Thailand and Taiwan.
Continuing Education Units
CEUs: 1.6 (CEUs provided by request only)
USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Why Consider a Custom Course for Your Organization?
Custom courses provide the opportunity to create an educational program that meets the specific needs of your organization. The following are a few reasons why our clients have chosen USC Viterbi School of Engineering as their program provider:
- Interest in connecting with USC experts for real organizational issues
- Engineering training and executive education opportunities in a condensed period of time
- Educational opportunities at multiple company sites through on-site training and/or distance offerings to several sites simultaneously
- Preference for providing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) rather than degree-oriented academic units
- Overall flexibility in timing, delivery and pricing
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us by email or at 213-740-4488
Want to Learn More?
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
October 03, 2017 to October 05, 2017
October 31, 2017 to May 03, 2018
February 12, 2018 to April 13, 2018