Six Sigma Black Belt
Course Quick Facts
- Dates/Course Numbers
ISE 0417-07 (14 day program)
Week 1: October 24-27, 2017
Week 2: November 6-10, 2017
Week 3: December 4-8, 2017
9:00am – 5:00pm
$7,245 – On Campus
$7,245 – Online-Interactive
Learn the advanced problem-solving skills you need to implement the principles, practices, and techniques of Six Sigma to maximize performance and cost reductions in your organization. During this three-week practitioner course, you will learn how to measure a process, analyze the results, develop process improvements, and quantify the resulting savings. You will be required to complete a project demonstrating mastery of appropriate analytical methods and pass an examination to earn Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate. This practitioner course for Six Sigma implementation provides extensive coverage of the Six Sigma process, as well as intensive exposure to the key analytical tools associated with Six Sigma, including project management, team skills, cost analysis, FMEA, basic statistics, inferential statistics, sampling, goodness of fit testing, regression and correlation analysis, reliability, design of experiments, statistical process control, measurement systems analysis, and simulation. Computer applications are emphasized.
NOTE: Participants must provide a windows based computer running Microsoft Office® to the seminar.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to Statistics
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Chi Square
- Student t
- Confidence and Confidence Intervals
- Standard Deviations
- Tests of Hypothesis
- Standard Deviations
- Design of Experiments
- Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
- Process Capability
- Short Run SPC
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Goodness of Fit Testing
- Regression and Correlation
- Six Sigma Philosophy and Structure
- Project Management
- Cost of Quality
- Lean Concepts
What you will gain:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze process data using comprehensive statistical methods
- Control the process to assure that improvements are used and the benefits verified
- Define an opportunity for improving customer satisfaction
- Implement the recommended improvements
- Improve existing processes by reducing variation
- Measure process characteristics that are critical to quality
Two course delivery options are available for participants: on-campus and online with interactivity:
On-Campus Course is held in state-of-the-art facilities on the University of Southern California campus, located in downtown Los Angeles. Participants attending on campus will have the option to commute to the course or stay at one of the many hotels located in the area.
Overview of on-campus option:
- The ability to interact with faculty and peers in person.
- Access to hard copy course materials.
- Ability to logon and view archived course information – up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures. Online course access is only available if there are online participants in the program.
- If there is a conflict during any on-campus course dates, on-campus participants can elect to be an online/interactive student with prior authorization from Professional Programs. Please note that this is only an option if there are online participants in the program.
- Parking, refreshments, and lunch are provided for on-campus participants – unless otherwise specified.
Online (Interactivity) Course delivery is completely online and real-time, enabling interaction with the instructor and fellow participants. Participants have the flexibility of completing the course from a distance utilizing USC’s Distance Education Network technology. Students are required to be online for the entirety of each day’s session.
Overview of online (interactive):
- Virtually participate in the course live – with the ability to either ask questions or chat questions to the entire class.
- WebEx technologies provide the option to call into the class and view the entire lecture/materials on a personal computer, or to participate on a computer without having to utilize a phone line.
- Ability to logon and view archived course information up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
CEUs: 9.8 – as of August 2016
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate, with Continuing Education Units, is awarded to participants who successful completion the course and pass the assessment on the final day of the course.
The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering certification in Six Sigma Black Belt will be awarded to those participants who successfully complete all course requirements, including the course project that demonstrates the correct application of the appropriate Six Sigma tools.
Program Cost & Registration Options:
On-Campus Participants: $1,545
Includes continental breakfast, lunch, and all course materials. The fee does not include hotel accommodations or transportation.
Online Participant with Live Session Interactivity: $1,545
Includes attendee access codes for live call-in or chat capabilities during class sessions. Also includes all course and lecture materials available for live stream or download.
Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE): Reduced pricing is available for members of IISE. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Trojan Family: USC alumni, current students, faculty, and staff receive 10% reduced pricing on registration.
Boeing: Boeing employees receive 20% off registration fees (please use Boeing email address when registering).
To register, please visit the Six Sigma Black Belt Registration Form.
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
October 03, 2017 to October 05, 2017
October 24, 2017 to December 08, 2017
October 31, 2017 to May 03, 2018