Six Sigma Green Belt for Process Improvement
Course Quick Facts
- Dates/Course Numbers
May 7-9, 2018 (Registration Closed)
June 26-28, 2018 (Registration Open)
9:00am – 5:00pm
$1,545 – Online-Interactive
$1,545 – On Campus
Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics, and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion a Six Sigma implementation in your organization. To earn the Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate, you will be required to pass the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineer’s green belt exam (administered on the final day of the course).
What You Will Learn:
Six Sigma Green Belt for Process Improvement covers a number of topic areas, including:
- Six Sigma Philosophy
- Six Sigma Projects
- Statistical Process
- Process Capability
- Sigma Levels
- Root Cause Analysis
- Break Even
- Flow Charts
- Pareto Analysis
- Check Sheets
- Ishikawa Diagrams
- Scatter Diagrams
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals Including
- Value Of Six Sigma
- Organizational Factors Influencing Six Sigma
- Process Analysis – SIPOC
- Case Studies
What you will gain:
Upon completion of this course, you will walk away with the following skills:
- Design and develop Six Sigma projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Understand the Six Sigma philosophy
During this course you will have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to an actual issue you face in your organization. Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28%
- A transportation company saved more than $875,000 per year in turnover costs by improving the employee communications process
- Reduced errors in a painting operation led to increased first pass acceptance and more than $197,000 in annual savings
- A web developer increased annual profits by 10% by cutting cycle time
- A wave solder operation saw defects reduced by half and costs reduced by $60,000 per year
On-Campus Course is held in state-of-the-art facilities on the University of Southern California campus, located in downtown Los Angeles. Participants attending on-campus will have the option to commute to the course or stay at one of the many hotels located in the area.
Overview of on-campus option:
- The ability to interact with faculty and peers in person.
- Access to hard copy course materials.
- Ability to log on and view archived course information from previous offering – up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
- Parking, refreshments, and lunch are provided for on-campus participants – unless otherwise specified.
Online (Interactivity) Course delivery is completely online and real-time, enabling interaction with the instructor and fellow participants. Participants have the flexibility of completing the course from a distance utilizing USC’s DEN@Viterbi technology. Students are required to be online for the entirety of each day’s session.
Overview of online (interactive):
- Virtually participate in the course live – with the ability to either ask questions or chat questions to the entire class.
- WebEx technologies provide the option to call into the class and view the entire lecture/materials on a personal computer, or to participate on a computer without having to utilize a phone line.
- Ability to log on and view archived course information up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of the course.
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Completion and the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering certification in Six Sigma Green Belt for Process Improvement will be awarded to those participants that pass the assessment on the final day of the course.
Program Cost & Registration Options:
On-Campus Participants: $1,545
Includes continental breakfast, lunch, and all course materials. The fee does not include hotel accommodations or transportation.
Online Participant with Live Session Interactivity: $1,545
Includes attendee access codes for live call-in or chat capabilities during class sessions. Also includes all course and lecture materials available for live stream or download.
Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE): Reduced pricing is available for members of IISE. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Trojan Family: USC alumni, current students, faculty, and staff receive 10% reduced pricing on registration.
Boeing: Boeing employees receive 20% off registration fees (please use Boeing email address when registering).
ISE 0518-12 (May 7-9 2018): Registration Closed
ISE 0618-17 (June 26-28, 2018): Six Sigma Green Belt for Process Improvement Registration Form
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
June 02, 2018 to June 09, 2018
June 04, 2018 to December 08, 2018
June 05, 2018 to June 07, 2018
June 26, 2018 to June 28, 2018
October 15, 2018 to December 14, 2018