USC Viterbi School of Engineering offers three-day Lean Green Belt course, in partnership with the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers, which provides an in-depth understanding of Lean enterprise principles and how to apply them within your organization. Your Lean journey begins with a series of interactive simulations that demonstrate how each lean concept is applied and its impact on the process. Mapping the process flow and identifying the activities that add value from the customer's perspective is the cornerstone of this Lean Green Belt course. The class is then given a scenario and the students simulate the conversion from traditional to lean in a practical hands-on environment. Our Lean Green Belt Certification program also provides a structure for how to manage a lean process for continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to structure their organizations to support and continuously improve a lean process. Participants will also fully understand how to implement 5S within their plants and how to begin reducing setup time using the SMED process.
If you are looking for more information on USC Viterbi School of Engineering's Lean Green Belt Certification program, contact us today.
What You Will Learn:
- 5S and muda
- Point of use
- Value stream mapping
- 7 Wastes
- Visual Workplace
What you will gain:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and improve a lean process
- Implement 5S to develop a safe, clean working environment
- Map the process flow and identify activities that add value
- Reduce setup time using the SMED process
Who should attend:
- Engineers new to a managerial position
- Engineers preparing to make the transition to managerial roles
- Current managers wanting to hone leadership skills
On-Campus Course is held in state-of-the-art facilities on the University of Southern California campus, located in downtown Los Angeles. Participants attending on-campus will have the option to commute to the course or stay at one of the many hotels located in the area.
Overview of on-campus option:
- The ability to interact with faculty and peers in person.
- Access to hard copy course materials.
- Ability to log on and view archived course information from previous offering - up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
- Parking, refreshments, and lunch are provided for on-campus participants - unless otherwise specified.
Online (Interactivity) Course delivery is completely online and real-time, enabling interaction with the instructor and fellow participants. Participants have the flexibility of completing the course from a distance utilizing USC's DEN@Viterbi technology. Students are required to be online for the entirety of each day's session.
Overview of online (interactive):
- Virtually participate in the course live - with the ability to either ask questions or chat questions to the entire class.
- WebEx technologies provide the option to call into the class and view the entire lecture/materials on a personal computer, or to participate on a computer without having to utilize a phone line.
- Ability to log on and view archived course information up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of the course.
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Completion and the Institute of Industrial Engineering certification in Lean Green Belt will be awarded to those participants that pass the assessment on the final day of the course.
Program Cost & Registration Options:
On-Campus Participants: $1,545
Includes continental breakfast, lunch, and all course materials. The fee does not include hotel accommodations or transportation.
Online Participant with Live Session Interactivity: $1,545
Includes attendee access codes for live call-in or chat capabilities during class sessions. Also includes all course and lecture materials available for live stream or download.
Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE)
Reduced pricing is available for members of IISE. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
USC alumni, current students, faculty, and staff receive 10% reduced pricing on registration.
Boeing employees receive 20% off registration fees (please use Boeing email address when registering).
Eligible Edcor participants receive 10% discount on open enrollment executive education programs (please use company email address when registering to receive pricing).
ISE 1121-12 (November 16-18, 2021): Lean Green Belt Registration Form