Lean Green Belt
This three-day course provides an in-depth understanding of Lean enterprise principles and how to apply them within your organization. Your Lean journey begins with a series of interactive simulations that demonstrate how each lean concept is applied and its impact on the process. Mapping the process flow and identifying the activities that add value from the customer’s perspective is the cornerstone of this course. The class is then given a scenario and the students simulate the conversion from traditional to lean in a practical hands-on environment. The course also provides a structure for how to manage a lean process for continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to structure their organizations to support and continuously improve a lean process. Participants will also fully understand how to implement 5S within their plants and how to begin reducing setup time using the SMED process.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- 5S and muda
- Point of use
- Value stream mapping
- 7 Wastes
- Visual Workplace
What you will gain:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and improve a lean process
- Implement 5S to develop a safe, clean working environment
- Map the process flow and identify activities that add value
- Reduce setup time using the SMED process
Who should attend:
- Engineers new to a managerial position
- Engineers preparing to make the transition to managerial roles
- Current managers wanting to hone leadership skills
Dr. Mike Gruntman is a professor of Astronautics at the University of Southern California. He is a specialist in astronautics, space technology, space sensors and instrumentation, and space physics. Gruntman participates in several theoretical and experimental programs in space science and space technology, including space missions. He has authored and co-authored more than 200 publications (including two books) in various areas of astronautics, space technology, space physics, scientific instrumentation, space and rocket history, and space education.
Continuing Education Units
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of the course.
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Completion and the Institute of Industrial Engineering certification in Lean Green Belt will be awarded to those participants that pass the assessment on the final day of the course.
Why Consider a Custom Course for Your Organization?
Custom courses provide the opportunity to create an educational program that meets the specific needs of your organization. The following are a few reasons why our clients have chosen USC Viterbi School of Engineering as their program provider:
- Interest in connecting with USC experts for real organizational issues
- Engineering training and executive education opportunities in a condensed period of time
- Educational opportunities at multiple company sites through on-site training and/or distance offerings to several sites simultaneously
- Preference for providing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) rather than degree-oriented academic units
- Overall flexibility in timing, delivery and pricing
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us by email or at 213-740-4488
Want to Learn More?
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
December 02, 2017 to December 09, 2017
December 06, 2017 to December 08, 2017
February 12, 2018 to April 13, 2018