Building Information Modeling and Integrated Practice: An Emerging Relationship
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is taking the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry to a new dimension. This short course will explore how implementing BIM's new technology is producing a cultural shift in the AEC industry toward a collaborative building approach and how this relationship can lead to better project outcomes and maximize efficiency. This is an introductory course for anyone new to the concepts of building information modeling and integrated practice.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to BIM fundamental concepts
- Familiarity with the current BIM technologies
- Introductory-level hands-on BIM experience
- The shift from representation to simulation
- New means of coordination of design and construction
- Linking of vital information - such as vendors for specific materials, location of details and quantities required for estimation, bidding and scheduling - into the model
- New project delivery systems and technologies for 'integrated practices'
- Understanding the challenges associated with BIM and Integrated Project Delivery
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?