Design/Build for the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) Professional teaches the techniques needed to implement this integrated project delivery system within your organization. Design/Build combines the design, permit, and construction schedule in order to streamline the construction process so that design and construction professionals work together to complete their tasks at the same time - reducing the risk of going over budget and saving time throughout the course of the project and beyond.
What You Will Learn:
- Principles of Design/Build delivery system
- Cost and time advantages and disadvantages
- Design Build Institute of America [DBIA]
- Bid design criteria and bidding
- Relationships of designer and contractor
- Outline specifications, value engineering, compliance with owner's specifications
- Utilization of technology trends
- Architectural/engineering design and implementation
What you will gain:
- Working knowledge of the Design/Build process
- Familiarity with contract documents
- Evaluate the important role of teamwork
- Resources for references
Who should attend:
- Public officials
Professor Koffman is director of the Construction Engineering and Management Program at the University of Southern California and senior lecturer in Civil and Environmental Engineering. In 2005, he received a distinguished faculty award, a faculty honor for outstanding service. As a licensed Professional Engineer, Professor Koffman performed structural inspections, structural retrofit design, construction estimates, and construction management services.
Since 1997, Professor Koffman has served as a member of CMAA's Board of Directors and CMAA's Foundation. In 2007, he started working with the International Committee and formed CMAA's Student Chapter at USC. Professor Koffman has lectured in Korea, China, Turkey, Greece, Thailand and Taiwan.
Continuing Education Units
CEUs: 1.6 (CEUs provided by request only)
USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Why Consider a Custom Course for Your Organization?
Custom courses provide the opportunity to create an educational program that meets the specific needs of your organization. The following are a few reasons why our clients have chosen USC Viterbi School of Engineering as their program provider:
- Interest in connecting with USC experts for real organizational issues
- Engineering training and executive education opportunities in a condensed period of time
- Educational opportunities at multiple company sites through on-site training and/or distance offerings to several sites simultaneously
- Preference for providing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) rather than degree-oriented academic units
- Overall flexibility in timing, delivery and pricing
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us by email or at 213-740-4488