Green Building and Sustainability Basics
Green Building and Sustainability Basics provides an overview of sustainable building and infrastructure practices, including an introduction to sustainable design and construction, implementation of Green Building practices, and review of the LEED Rating System and the United States Green Building Council. This is an introductory course for anyone new to the rapidly growing area of Green Building.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction and overview of LEED rating systems
- Implementation of Green Building practices
- Developing and managing a LEED project
- Legislation incentives and mandates – local, national, and global perspectives
- Integrated Design/Build approach to Green Building
- The future of green innovations & advancing technologies
What you will gain:
- Preparation for the LEED Green Associate (GA) examination
- Knowledge of green building, codes, and best practices
- Understanding principles of new construction and existing building retrofits
- Application of Green Building standards & practices to multiple product types
Who should attend:
- Construction managers
- Public officials
As Manager of Sustainability at Webcor Builders, Mr. Lukesh brings Environmental Sustainability management experience to the design, preconstruction, and construction phases of a project. His primary focus and experience fall within the areas of preconstruction and estimating, marketing and business development, design and construction practices, virtual building, and Webcor’s Internal Sustainable measures.
Mr. Lukesh works with the clients and consultants to help encourage a more sustainable product from project inception while ensuring proper sustainable measures be followed throughout the duration of a project. Mr. Lukesh is integral in Webcor’s Virtual Design & Construction team in developing material carbon footprint analysis tools, embodied energy measurement, LEED documentation, and facility and operational management tools.
Prior to his employment with Webcor Builders, Mr. Lukesh brings technical experience from a leading Bay Area high‐end residential property developer with knowledge in mixed‐use, single‐family, townhome and multi‐family condo development work. Within this organization, he initiated their Green Building program and provided training to all levels of management and construction staff. Collaborating with several regional authorities, Mr. Lukesh’s influences provided support and development to Alameda County’s Multifamily Green Point Rated system. In addition, he holds several years of experience working in architecture offices throughout California, as well as internationally.
Mr. Lukesh holds a Bachelor of Architecture from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo with a minor in construction management and concentration in Environmental Sustainability. He has been a LEED Accredited Professional since 2003, participants of the USGBC local San Francisco and Los Angeles chapters, an advanced Certified Green Building Professional (CGBP), a Green Point Rater (GPR), a member of the national Design Build Institute of America (DBIA), certified by the National Association of the Remolding Industry (NARI), and adjunct faculty teaching sustainable design and construction at the University of Southern California (USC).
Why Consider a Custom Course for Your Organization?
Custom courses provide the opportunity to create an educational program that meets the specific needs of your organization. The following are a few reasons why our clients have chosen USC Viterbi School of Engineering as their program provider:
- Interest in connecting with USC experts for real organizational issues
- Engineering training and executive education opportunities in a condensed period of time
- Educational opportunities at multiple company sites through on-site training and/or distance offerings to several sites simultaneously
- Preference for providing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) rather than degree-oriented academic units
- Overall flexibility in timing, delivery and pricing
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us by email or at 213-740-4488
Want to Learn More?
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
April 14, 2018 to April 21, 2018
April 30, 2018 to November 05, 2018
May 07, 2018 to May 09, 2018
June 05, 2018 to June 07, 2018