Advanced Lean & Six Sigma: Effective Tools for Healthcare Management
Most Lean and Six Sigma certification programs in healthcare focus only on a few basic tools, but in this course, we will cover more advanced techniques that are highly effective in making real improvements in operations and quality. These advanced methods have been in use for many years by managers both within and outside of the healthcare industry.
This course will teach you six different methods for solving problems and making decisions. You will receive templates, instructions, and sufficient healthcare-related practice examples to give you the hands-on experience you need to apply your knowledge.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- Queuing: How to predict, manage and optimize waiting - patient waiting, staff waiting and information waiting. Waiting is very predictable using Queuing Models which work well along with Lean tools to reduce wait time.
- Forecasting: Using data to predict both the immediate and long-term future. Participants will learn when and how to use Forecasting Models to plan staffing and other resources. Attendees will put this information to practical use by completing hands-on exercises. Data and spreadsheet tools will be provided.
- Optimization methods are used for the allocation of scarce resources, which affect considerations, such as scheduling and staffing.
- Simulation: Capabilities and limitations of discrete event simulation models will be explained. Using a computer to determine events by changing a model of the current system is applicable to many areas: from the emergency department to surgery to a clinic. Simulation modeling software will be provided for a hands-on experience.
- Decision Theory: The basics of alternate approaches, when to use each method, and how to make rational decisions. A case study and exercise will be done.
- Facility Layout: A good layout of work space is key to productivity. Tools are provided to reduce the waste resulting from poor arrangements in new or existing building areas.
September 27, 2021 to March 21, 2022
October 02, 2021 to October 23, 2021
October 26, 2021 to October 28, 2021
November 16, 2021 to November 18, 2021