Lean Enterprise I
This three-day course provides an in-depth understanding of Lean enterprise principles and how to apply them within your organization. Your Lean journey begins with a series of interactive simulations that demonstrate how each lean concept is applied and its impact on the process. Mapping the process flow and identifying the activities that add value from the customer’s perspective is the cornerstone of this course. The class is then given a scenario and the students simulate the conversion from traditional to lean in a practical hands-on environment. The course also provides a structure for how to manage a lean process for continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to structure their organizations to support and continuously improve a lean process. Participants will also fully understand how to implement 5S within their plants and how to begin reducing setup time using the SMED process.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
The fundamentals of space environment, orbital mechanics, propulsion, and subsystem technologies provide an indispensable basis for system engineering. The introduced basic nomenclature, vocabulary, and concepts will make it possible to converse with understanding with mission planners, designers, operators, and subsystem specialists.
The extensive set of course notes provide a concise reference for understanding, planning, and designing space missions and operating modern spacecraft.
Course participants will learn:
- Common space mission and spacecraft bus configurations, requirements, and constraints
- Fundamentals of space environment and its effects on space systems
- Common orbits and velocity increments and propellant amounts for typical maneuvers
- Fundamentals of spacecraft subsystems and their interactions
- Elements of space mission system engineering
What you will gain:
Learn how to map the process flow and identify the activities that add value from the customer’s perspective. You will learn how to structure your organization to support and continuously improve a lean process.
- Create and improve a lean process
- Implement 5S to develop a safe, clean working environment
- Map the process flow and identify activities that add value
- Reduce setup time using the SMED process
Who should attend:
Individuals interested in learning lean concepts and the skills need to implement Lean in an organization:
- Project managers
- Engineering managers
- Technical professionals
- Industries: healthcare, military, government agencies, non-profit organizations, academic institutions
Continuing Education Units
CEUs: 2.1 (CEUs provided by request only)
USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Why Consider a Custom Course for Your Organization?
Custom courses provide the opportunity to create an educational program that meets the specific needs of your organization. The following are a few reasons why our clients have chosen USC Viterbi School of Engineering as their program provider:
- Interest in connecting with USC experts for real organizational issues
- Engineering training and executive education opportunities in a condensed period of time
- Educational opportunities at multiple company sites through on-site training and/or distance offerings to several sites simultaneously
- Preference for providing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) rather than degree-oriented academic units
- Overall flexibility in timing, delivery and pricing
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us by email or at 213-740-4488
Want to Learn More?
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
June 02, 2018 to June 09, 2018
June 04, 2018 to December 08, 2018
June 05, 2018 to June 07, 2018
June 26, 2018 to June 28, 2018
October 15, 2018 to December 14, 2018