Lean Six Sigma White Belt
Lean Six Sigma White Belt (formerly: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma) will introduce you to the tools and techniques for implementing lean principles. Participants will gain a broad understanding of the philosophy, methods, and benefits of Lean and value stream mapping as they apply to all types of enterprises. You will be introduced to lean concepts via hands-on exercises.
A Lean enterprise views itself as part of an extended value chain, focusing on the elimination of waste between you and your suppliers and you and your customers. This seminar is the first step in learning the principles of Lean. The instructors for this course have extensive experience implementing lean principles worldwide. This seminar will teach you the history and basics of Lean and demonstrate why these practices have such a significant impact on operations.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- Cellular flow
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Value stream mapping
- Waste reduction
What you will gain:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and eliminate waste within operations
- Interpret a value stream map
- Manage a lean process transformation
Who should attend:
- VPs, COOs, CEOs
- Employees new to a managerial position
- Employees preparing to make the transition to managerial roles
- Current managers wanting to hone leadership skills
- Anyone interested in implementing Lean or Six Sigma in their organization
Continuing Education Units
CEUs: 0.7 (CEUs provided by request only)
USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Why Consider a Custom Course for Your Organization?
Custom courses provide the opportunity to create an educational program that meets the specific needs of your organization. The following are a few reasons why our clients have chosen USC Viterbi School of Engineering as their program provider:
- Interest in connecting with USC experts for real organizational issues
- Engineering training and executive education opportunities in a condensed period of time
- Educational opportunities at multiple company sites through on-site training and/or distance offerings to several sites simultaneously
- Preference for providing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) rather than degree-oriented academic units
- Overall flexibility in timing, delivery and pricing
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us by email or at 213-740-4488
Want to Learn More?
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
March 10, 2018 to March 17, 2018
March 13, 2018 to March 15, 2018
April 03, 2018 to April 05, 2018