Engineering Ventures, Innovation & Launch
Engineering Ventures, Innovation and Launch is an introductory course for scientists and engineers interested in learning the basics of developing and evaluating new investment and innovation opportunities.
The course will review lean startup concepts and methodologies, with a focus on customer discovery and value propositions. Participants will learn how to develop and validate business models to commercialize new technologies.
Additionally, the 3-day program will cover various financial, technological, and strategic assessment frameworks to evaluate and prioritize commercial opportunities. Evaluation frameworks will be discussed individually and integrated to provide a complete view of potential technology commercialization.
Engineering Ventures, Innovation and Launch is designed for scientific and engineering staff with 3 or more years of professional technical experience. Course participants do not need any advanced business experience or education.
In collaboration with the USC Viterbi Startup Garage and the USC Computing Forum, the course will be offered at the Information Sciences Institute in the center of Silicon Beach and the USC startup community in Los Angeles.
- Course Topics
- Course Benefits
- Course Details (Audience, Instructor & CEUs)
- Custom Programs
- Request Information
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to developing new businesses through the business model canvas
- Data-driven business development and testing hypotheses about market needs
- Customer segments
- Value propositions
- Customer discover methods
- Distribution and marketing channels
- Assessing opportunities: Technology perspective
- Assessing opportunities: Financial perspective
- Assessing opportunities: Strategic perspective
- Integrating opportunity evaluations
- Storytelling techniques
Interested in providing a customized offering of this course to your organization?Learn More
March 17, 2020 to March 19, 2020
March 24, 2020 to September 24, 2020